Pro Bear Bag System
The Original Cuben Fiber Pro Bear Bag System
2014: System now Includes Two OP Saks, One 12X20 and One 9X10
Bag: 1.4oz / 35gms - LG Cuben Dry Bag
Line: 1.3oz /35gms 50� / 16m - You CAN throw at least 25' accurately! 50' offer over 25% more limb options than a shorter 40ft line.)
Rock Sack: .1oz / 3gms Tough Cuben FIber
SuperFly Biner: .1oz / 3gms
Total Weight: 3.2oz
12X20 OP Sack: 1.4oz - One ships FREE with system- Recommended in heavy bear areas or if you are forced to sleep with your food.
9X10 OP Sack: .8oz - One ships FREE with system- Recommended in heavy bear areas or if you are forced to sleep with your food.
• ROLL TOP design for a totally waterproof seal vs. a standard stuffsack with the cinched top exposed to the rain. Roll top design also seals in odors far better than a stuffsack. Note: We are not claiming the Cuben Fiber main sack it is or nylon stuff sack. Use the OP sack liner for highest level of odor elimination.
• Large enough for a LOT of food. A Thru Hikers Dream System.
• BUILT TOUGH: NO FOOD WEIGHT LIMIT: If you can load it - you can hang it!
• Sack: 14� X 26� Big enough for a week of standard LW style compact food.
• ROLL TOP design for a totally waterproof seal vs. a standard stuffsack with the cinched top exposed to the rain. Roll top design also seals in odors far better than a stuffsack. Note: We are not claiming the Cuben Fiber main sack it is 100% odor proof, but common sense says it�s pretty good especially compared to a lighter wt or mesh material style stuff sack.- Use the OP sack liner for total odor elimination.
• 50� SuperGlide Line. 2mm Hi Vis coated spectra line. 975lb test! Smaller and lighter or uncoated lines can cut into tree branches and get stuck and damage trees. This is the lightest Eco Friendly bear bag line available.
We even give you 50� instead of the more common 40� of line offered with other bear bag systems. If you need less, cut it shorter and save weight.... This special line has a smooth acrylic coating specifically designed to glide over limbs and limit potential for damage to the tree. It also throws and glides through branches very easy and make the whole bear bag experience worry free. The line�s weave is soft and it flattens as it glides over the branch.
• Rock Sack and SuperFly mini biner included for using the easy PCT hanging method.
• Bear Bag, Line and Biner fit in inside the rock sack.
PCT Bear Bag Hanging Technique
0: Find a stick 2� - 5� long, about .5� diameter. You�re almost done.
1: Put a rock in the rock sack and throw it over a branch 18-26 ft high.
2: Clip the rock sack side of the line into the SuperFly biner.
3: Pull the rock sack end of the line to pull the food bag up to the branch.
4: Reach up over your head and tie the line around a the stick. Use a larks, girth or clove hitch.
5: Lower the bag until the stick jams at the biner suspending the bag at least 8� off the ground...10� is better for tall Grizz.
6: Reach over your head and stuff the left over line into the rock sack and cinch it closed.
Pictured is the set up to use the PCT Method. Note the line is tied to the bag (use a good knot - the line is slick!) and the the biner is hooked wide end up. The wide end up creates a deeper area on the biner's main orange body for the stick to jam against and not cross load the wire gate. Using a larger stick can press on the wiregate sideways and damage the mini biner. A pencil size stick is perfect.
Pull the line down, unclip the line from the SuperFly biner, snap the stick to release the knot and lower the bag slowly. Watch your head.