Backpacker Magazine Readers' Choice Award : Best UltraLight Pack
Fits Men and Women: Unisex S Shaped Shoulder Straps
Packs are shipping in about 5 weeks.
It's Lightweight Thru-Hike Ready
Lint - IAT, '03, AT, '04, PCT, '06, CDT, '07, CT '08, PCT '09, AT '10, PCT '2013
" The Exodus is exactly what I need. Perfect size, perfect fit; good grief I can't believe it took me 5 Thru-Hikes to FINALLY find my perfect pack. Wow! Thru-Hike number 6 coming up and I'm ready to roll." (Lint used the same Exodus for his PCT and AT thru-hikes and one Burn for three thru-hikes. He did use new and updated MLD packs for his 2014 and 2015 thru-hikes!)
Lightest Full Size + Full Featured Frameless Pack Made
Tough Dyneema X (tm) Fabric
Professional Level Frameless Backpack for Serious Light Weight Backpackers.
Multiple cutting edge details, hardware and craftsmanship.
Seams are double or triple stitched and each pack has over 50 strategic strength bartacks.
• Weight: 16oz
• Four Standard Torso Sizes + XL Custom Option
• Total Maximum Volume: 3100ci /50L main pack / 3500ci / 58L with filled extension collar
• Minimum Volume: 1800ci / 30L with compression and bottom volume reduction system engaged.
• Main Pack: 2400ci / 40L
• Main Outside Pocket: 400ci 6L
• Side Pockets: 150ci + 150ci 2L + 2L
• Extension Collar: 500ci / 8L
• Approx. External Dimensions 12� X 7� X 32�
• Pack Fabric: Dyneema X (TM) Carbon Gray Color
• SuperWick Mesh lined waist belt - 5" tall with 1.5" webbing and buckle.
• Shoulder Straps: 3.5" wide X .8" thick, SuperWick Mesh lined with full length highest quality 1/2" thick EVA foam padding. Our shoulder straps are thicker and wider than most all other lightweight packs. Shoulder strap lower pack attachments are isolated from the hipbelt for move comfort...yes, comfort is all in the details.
• Curved Side Panels: A slight curve from the waist to the shoulders moves the load closer to the upper back for more comfort. This also creates a slightly larger main compartment higher in the pack that helps load control by moving the heavier and higher packed gear higher to reduces shoulder stress.
• Hybrid Mesh/Dyneema X Side and Rear Pockets. The leading edge of the side pockets are Dyneema X to prevent snagging when moving through bush. The lower 5" of the rear pocket is Dyneema X to prevent abrasion from sharp contents or butt sliding accidents. The 4oz sq/yd open hole non-stretch water and drains fast to allow contents to dry faster than a tight stretch mesh or solid fabric. Dyneema X elastic top sleeves for long term Durability and elastic replacement. Slanted side mesh pockets are deep enough for a 2L Platy. Pocket top bungee sleeves of Dyneema X for long term durability. Pocket adjusts by pulling the bungee closed through the cordlock. Many lower priced packs simply bind over the top of the raw mesh with regular garment type elastic that loses it's stretch in a few years and does stretchl in deep cold weather.
• 4oz sq/yd Open Hole non Stretch Mesh. Stronger than stretch mesh that is twice the weight. Easy to field repair, does not absorb water and drains fast. Dyneema X elastic top sleeves for long term Durability and easy bungee elastic replacement.
• Load Rating: 25 lbs is the recommended average maximum for all day comfort in any frameless pack.