• 1/8" bungee cord under foot instep if needed, user installed - uncut length included.
• Bottom edge has a hidden elastic sleeve to automatically stretch over the shoe to make a tight fit.
• Anchored one-hand-use bungee drawcord top
• A few inches taller than other shortee style gaitors for better protection in light snow and wet tall grass and brush.
• No heavy zippers , velcro or buckles to fail or clog with snow or dirt.
• Toe shoelace anchor clip is tough plastic and clips on tightly- No small metal hooks to rust or slip off.
• Packs Small- Pictured are both size Large gaitors in The Hand
• Tough enough for many seasons of use and should last most users one full thru-hike.
•Switching to a lighter gaitor may be the least expensive and biggest real weight and energy saving you can make in your Kit.
•Saving weight on the feet and lower legs is critical. Foot (shoe, sack,pants,gaitor) weight must be lifted up and then moved forward on every step. Weight in the backpack mainly moves forward - less up and down when walking compared to the foot- and moving an ounce on the foot takes the same overall energy as as 5 ounces in the pack. (Think running shoe vs boot) Most short gaitors weigh 4 to 8 ounces. MLD gaitors save you the equivalent of 10oz to 2lbs in your Pack.
•Simple effective design for ultra lightweight protection for hikers and trail runners needing above ankle rain and snow protection. Also adds a bit of warmth in cool temps without getting your feet too hot and sweaty due to the excellent venting of the eVENT fabric. eVENT is the most breathable waterproof fabric made - over 50% more vapor transmission more than even Goretex XCR.
These style gaitors require you put them on before shoes. Then simply slide the bottom bungee cord under the shoe instep and then cinch the top bungee snug. Adjust the under foot bungee and tie a stopper knot to secure it at the proper length for your shoes and the set up is complete. Replace the under foot bungee cord as needed.