Keep It Simple Day / Overnight / Weekend / Summit / Bike / Travel Carry-On Pack / Alpine Attack / Day Ski Trip
At First Glance it looks like any other small streamlined pack. But looking closer the many details emerge: The curved ergonomic shaped shoulder straps set into the pack at a proper shoulder cant angle, high quality super strong lightweight hardware and a unique pack body daisy chain splay angle that also serves as the roll top strap buckle. No straps on the sides to catch bushwhacking or interfere with running or skiing arm swings. The sides and back panels are curved to shape the pack to natural back body curves for overall comfort. Note the oversized lower shoulder strap anchor triangle than spread the force and helps stabilize the load lower on the back.
TWO SIZES : SAME FEATURES AND CONSTRUCTION
8oz / 225gms - Dyneema X Pack Body - Stealth Gray or Wasabi Green
6.7oz / 194gms - Hybrid Cuben Fiber - White - +$40
7.5oz / 210gms - Dyneema X Pack Body- Stealth Gray or Wasabi Green
6.2oz / 177gms - Hybrid Cuben Fiber - White - +$40
.5oz/14gms - 10mm SUL Waist Belt (removable)
.3oz/ 8gms - 10mm SUL Sternum Strap (removable)
1700ci(28L) Size has Two Torso Lengths. LARGE for 5'10' / 177cm tall and MEDIUM for shorter.
1300ci(22L) One Size Torso fits about 5'5"/165cm to 6'1"/185cm
Size Comparison Photos on a 6'1"- 180lb Hiker.
Measured from the bottom of the pack to the shoulder strap seam:
1700 LG is a 20/21"
1700 MED 18/19"
1300 One Size 18/19"
Torso is measured from bottom of the pack at hip belt to shoulder strap seam. Torso length in a soft frameless day pack is a bit variable as there is not large padded hip belt at one specific hip location.
*Sometimes the Trip is All About Ultimate Simplicity*
This Pack was designed for That Trip! Whether you are trimming your pack weight or cutting the total number of items carried to a minimum this pack will increase your SUL Experience.
• All Dyneema X (TM) Construction: 4.5oz sq/yd - 210d Ripstop Nylon and Dyneema plus an extra X pattern overweave for high strength, lightweight and durability. (Much tougher and abrasion resistant vs 100d and 200d plain weave fabrics.)
• Hybrid Cuben Fiber Option - 3.3oz sq/yd - 50d Polyester face bonded to a strong cuben fiber base. Very waterproof, SuperLight and Strong.
• Roll top closure doubles as a compression system to stabilize and compact load. Roll Top has two snaps to assist closing and rolling.
• 10mm webbing and 75lbs+ strength buckles : Light and Very Strong.
• Curved side panels seams at the back panel back for a contoured shape and tighter fit at the shoulders and hip.
• Shoulder Straps: Aggressive S-Shaped Body Mapped 2.5" / 75mm wide SuperWick Mesh lined with full length foam padding. 15mm daisy chain to fit pack *Shoulder Pocket Options* Top daisy loop is 25mm wide for better water bungee and gear pocket stabilization.
• Load Rating: Strong enough for 30+lbs - But 14 - 18lbs is the recommended average max for all day comfort.
• Approx. External Dimensions 11" X 6" X 26" for CORE 1700 / 10" X 5" X 22" for CORE 1300
• Pack Body 10mm Daisy Chains. Seven loops + one at the bottom for a trek pole os ice axe.
• Removable Multi Position 10mm SUL Sternum Strap. One is included. A second optional SUL ternum Strap can be used to add more stability to the pack for short sections of running.
• Minimum Number of Seams: The main pack body panel has only one long double stitched seam. All stress points barracked or triple stitched.
• Haul Loop
• 10mm Waist Belt
• The MLD Shoulder Strap Bottle and Gear Pockets fit perfectly. See specs and pic of those pocket under the BackPacks Accessories Category.
• Second SUL Sternum Strap for more stability - use one high and one low on the Shoulder Strap Daisy Chain running hydration pack style.
• Larger 3/4" web belt with two belt hip pockets.
• Two 10mm Webbing compression straps. The 26" / 66cm straps connect to the tabs on the pack sides and wrap around the front for compression and to secure gear on the outside. The strap has a clip on each end and a high strength buckle in the middle. Starp and buckle are the same as used in the webbing wasit belt.