850 ml Titanium Pot
THE LIGHTEST POT WITH LID AND HANDLES MADE in the 600ml-1000ml size
850ml / 29oz capacity
3.3oz / 94gms Total: Pot + Handle + Lid
3.8" / 98mm Wide - 96mm Inside Diameter
5.1" / 126mm Tall
If you only have one piece of SuperLight Titanium Cookware- This one is IT.
• MLD Ti pots use a custom thinner walled Ti than other similar looking products and are the lightest available and so cost a little bit more.
• It's got Titanuim HANDLES and a LID - will not melt like other aftermarket lids.
• Not too big for a mug and not too small to really cook in. Just right!
• Tall enough for 2 solo size stove canisters or one tall one plus the stove
• Nalgene or 1L Soda Bottle fits inside for packing options.
• Wide enough to efficiently utilize all the heat off a small canister, solid fuel and alcohol stoves.
• Lid has steam / drain holes and fits well.
WHY WE LOVE THIS POT
If I could only have one Ti pot to do everything in all seasons for a UL solo hiker, This is the ONE I would want.
It's very lightweight but large enough to boil water for a large hiker size meal and have lots of hot water left for hot chocolate. Many dehydrated meals require 12oz - This Pot can handle two meals without filling the pot to the brim and spilling any while pouring. PLUS: One boil session on a larger pot is a faster and more fuel efficient than two boils in a small 400-700ml size pot.
850ml is also just large enough for a solo winter hiker to melt snow OK if ocassionally needed.
It's large enough to actually cook pasta in if you don't go the rehydrate only route.
It's not so large that it takes up too much room in your pack - plus most of your cook kit will fit inside for efficient storage.
It's tall enough a wind screen will nestle inside (around a solo stove canister!!!) without sticking out the top and getting bent or slicing up other gear.
With a regular straight sided AL windscreen and 2 Ti stakes supporting the pot, it's wide enough underneath to create enough air to feed a small alcohol stove well.
Not too heavy or large for Summer - Big enough for fast shoulder season Winter trips: This one size and weight has replaced most all the other Ti mugs and cook pots in my kit for solo UL trips.